Saturday 3 March 2012

Cosfest X2

Long, long, detailed post with lots of rambling. Not to be used as an overview of the event.
Went for day one of cosfest last saturday, or rather, went for the later half since yz and I only reached there at 5pm.
We were so unprepared D: so much more we could have done and experienced, but it's okay,there are plenty more events to attend!! XD ps, i'm going to sound pissed in the recount, but please bear in mind that it was great great fun though i almost had a heart attack a few times and was getting irritated near the end of preparation because things kept going wrong and it was getting late.



Met Yz at 2pm, dabaoed lunch and ate at my house with the intention of leaving to take the MRT by 3.30pm. I don't know how we were so optimistic XDXD went through the usual steps and this time she did her eye liner by herself!! I could have made it more drama but time was tight and we were sharing some stuff so that caused more delay.

Disaster 1: Eye lashes took freaking long to go up, cos we were quite clueless X_X and i thought the right eyelashes were attached too inwards, so i attempted to cut a small part off the inner corner while it was already on my eye lid because i didn't want to take it off and put it on again D: luckily yz got hers on properly, though it was after much hesitation and we moved on to the wigs.

Disaster 2: THE WIGS. gosh, i've been combing my wig since I got it and realised that it was quite tangled since it was curly so the condition was ok by the time cosfest came. Yz's wig was straight but so freaking long, and they looked very tangled at the top and bottom. She had never combed it before! Wth! Took the wig off and mad panic trying to make it look more presentable. Then Yz couldnt find her freaking wig cap. We hunted high and low for it but it just refused to show up -_____- (my room was in a mess) In the end she went without a wig cap.

Disaster 3: By that time I was in my costume and wig and ready to leave LOL yz was struggling to put on the outfit. It was what I wore for AFA and we just switched around. Turned out it was slightly too small for her since I was of a smaller build. YZ WHY U NO TRY IT ON BEFORE HAND

Hahahaha nvm, that's alright cos she still managed to wear it. Had to help her lace up the skirt cos it was too tight initially and she unlaced it completely instead of loosening the string thingy. Then I asked her for the ribbon bow thingy which came together with the outfit and was supposed to block an unsightly gap between the buttons at the chest area. Ppl would easily be able to view the undergarment if the ribbon wasn't there.Yz: Huh what ribbon.
Me: OMG

Second round of panic (worse than the tangled wig/missing wig cap/difficult lashes) Very certain that she did not bring the ribbon thingy and i was like D: D: D: because the hole was really visible since the blouse was already tighter than usual. Fortunately, I had a tie which belongs to the prev band president. The tie happened to be with me cos the person who borrowed the tie passed it to me to return to the president. Fortunately again, Yz knows how to tie a tie, cos both my mum and I were clueless. Crisis solved. Phew. YZ ARH....

Totally didn't help that my mum was nagging consistently when we didn't even ask for her help other than to drive us to the mrt station.

Mum: Why so late still dont go? (at least 3 times)
Mum: Might as well not go le (at least 2 times) ---Cos the sky was starting to look overcast at clementi
Mum-- makes yz wear the thin net thingy used to keep wigs as a freaking wig cap when we panicked about the missing wig cap. 

Me: omgwtfbbq totally felt like flipping every table within 5km
PS.Yz actually wore the 'wig cap' throughout the event along with my hair band to keep her fringe hidden

Finally we were ready to leave and i hastily packed the bag and some make up. All was peaceful on the train other than stares from the public and realising that I forgot to bring the comb which was supposed to help in some of the poses I had in mind.

Arrived at pasir ris around 5pm and didn't know what bus to take to downtown east. I could have checked but decided that it was ok to check/ ask around there and then, so that was my fault. People started to compliment us on the hair and costume so that brightened my mood up a little =D Also met wei lian on the bus haha!! small world and it shows that we were way behind time according to initial plan and were as late as him.

Started to get excited when we reached the actual venue and went into the tent to find kyou. Watched abit of the stage performance and decided to go out to take photos which kyou so kindly helped us with. Yz and I were super stiff at 1st and the photos came out with us looking so distant. The make up also ran abit but I guess it wasn't too obvious in the photos. I'm so glad we manged to catch the sun which I consider the best photoshop ever:You see what i mean? I don't think i've ever looked this fair in any of my photos before.. Even the difference in skin colour between my shoulders and arms was not too visible XD happy happy!Took more photos of us bumming around, though it was at a corner (where the beautiful tree was). I was too shy to pose out in the middle area where the numerous cameras were. Thinking back, we should have done that and gotten ourselves a little more exposure. Next time bah :D

I was quite unhappy with my wig, it kept shifting back cos the long hair was too heavy, and perhaps it was too small for my head (should have adjusted the size). Had to keep pulling my fringe forward and coaxing the M shape back. The fringe part wasn't well done, I believe the fringe was cut too short so it tends to stick out and looks super unnatural. The hairband helped, but it didnt prevent the wig from slipping backward.. Ahh well, lesson learnt (:
Things we didnt do but could have done:
Better make up ie lipcolour, more blush, eye shadow, great deal of highlighting.
Sunblock on arms and legs
Think of better poses
Take photos of other cosers. Omg i can't believe I only took photo of Kenshin and kaoru, the rest were just ourselves. This is not the way to go -_-
Pose for more cameras
Prepare our wigs properly
Do a costest before the actual event (MUST)

At night, yz came back to my house and we had a fun time using mei tu xiu xiu to edit some photos. It's a software that's like photoshop but much easier to use. Down side is that the quality of the edited photos is like da bian and some of the effects are too unnatural. The 1st pic we edited is named yz's famous pout. Please please look at the original photo on fb and compare. HILARIOUS
I also edited kyou's back hug which started off our hugging spree
Anyway, the singapore wind symphony mini concert was quite fun though acoustics wasnt good, and I didn't know half of the final fantasy songs they played. Really want to thank Kyou for taking photos of us.. can you imagine if we went for cosfest without a friend to help take photos and are too shy to pose for other ppl's shots/ stay away from the cameras..... the whole event would have felt pretty empty.

And thanks Yz for being such a fun cosmate! Though I might have seemed impatient and horrified at your unpreparedness at times, i wouldnt have had the courage to cosplay or gotten to experience all these without your company hahaha so thanks once again!!!!

Photos are up on fb wahaha oh btw we found the wig cap that night, it was hidden in yz's casual clothes after all, we must have been blinded by panic.

No comments:

Post a Comment