Thursday 20 May 2010

Thoughts on Hunter X Hunter 307

Time for some rantings again =(

In chapters 305 and 306 when Gon matured physically in a matter of seconds, I was filled with dismay =( The first thing which came into my mind and triggered the sadness was along the lines of Killua's reaction.

It surprised me that people at the forums after reading those chapters (I'm a lurker at onemanga forums) only discuss the very practical and technical consequences of Gon obtaining such an aura, ie the effects on his future nen usage, his life span, ability to defeat the king blablabla. Only two mentioned Gon's friendship with Killua and how Killua would feel. Even then, no one really picked up on those points T___T

I'm not complaining. Just a little shocked at how people can view the same manga and jump straight to focus on such different aspects.

Then came some spoilers of chapter 307 on the forums which showed bits of Killua and Gon's first meeting after Gon's transformation. Oh man, I couldn't stop my eyes from watering after viewing those disjointed images. It just showed Killua pushing Gon away from something and Gon's blank face (with tears!!). It was just so painful to look at, I tell you =((

Perhaps I was too emotional... because Killua's not going to leave or hate Gon even if he transforms into a demon; their bond is stronger than that. Still, things have changed, and if there is no way to undo what Gon has gone through, won't the difference in age become a constant reminder of how he has failed to save Kaito if Gon continues to be with Killua? Since Kaito's irreversible death was what started off Gon's anger which resulted in this gain in power, Gon is never going to be cheerful or happy ever again. And I can't stand that! I don't want to see Gon with that heart wrenching face anymore.. and think about poor Killua! -Sobs-

I guess this shows that Gon and Killua's friendship make up a large part of the reason why I like HxH so much and any cracks in their bond will affect me really hard. I also tend to become an emotional fan girl when characters who were originally happy and cheerful become permanently emo or angsty (rmb Kenshin and Subaru?)

This picture or Gon looking at his hands and tearing hit me really hard too. I was thinking if Gon was crying for himself (probably not) or for Kaito. Or he was crying at the memory of Kaito telling him to always give a finishing blow to the chimera ants. Does Gon even understand what he has given up! Gon, you baka! T____T

I don't believe Togashi will let Gon die this way. After all, Gon's the protagonist! Killing him off would mean the end of Hxh and there are still too many loose ends to wrap up. Sometimes letting a character live is even more cruel then killing him off and we all know that Togashi doesn't show his characters much kindness. So in a twisted way, we can expect Gon to live.

As for the King.. he won't die either. Neither will he achieve world domination. Komugi does not necessarily have to be the one who stops the King by invoking his memories because the Meyrem is still showing his humane side even during his concussion after the explosion. Komugi has already done her part many many chapters ago. Still, something has to happen.. to make him remember. I'm counting on Pufu or Yupi to do something stupid.

Genai Ryodan. T____T I've not seen Shalnark, my laogong for soooooo long! I don't need or want them to join in the fight (lest more characters die). Just hoping that Togashi draws a short chapter on what they're doing in NGI after the things have died down a bit. Please? Pretty please?

1 comment: