Wednesday 17 December 2008

1st day of band festival

Omg i'm so tired now and my arms are aching from all the extra workouts these few days.

I went to school specially on monday to take my saxophone home for band fest on wednesday. It was drizzling when i left the house around 8.30am and i planned to reach school, get my sax and leave before 9am, when the school uncle closes busstop gate. Haha i only brought my wallet and handphone aka no bag or umbrella.
Only edward and elaine were at the bandroom and they seemed disappointed that i was going to leave soon XD

I quickly got a new reed and dumped it, along with my wallet into the saxophone case. Then i realised i didnt have the scores... Thankfully Rini (librarian) came and passed me the scores blabla i put them in a black folder which i koped from my SL's stand =X like me, rini was also hoping to get out of school before uncle closes the d**n gate so we were rushing like mad. The two of us must have looked like crazy cos we were sprinting towards the gate in the rain all the while chanting 'uncle deng yi xia!! Uncle bu yao guan men T__T' We barely made it, uncle was kind enough to open the gate and let us through XD lucky!

But by that time i was panting quite badly.. well duh, cos i had to run a distance of roughly 1km all the while lugging my precious saxophone. I believe it's close to 10kg including the case and all that extra stuff. Ark horrible. My left arm was aching the next day.

Horrors of horror. I realised i left my ligature in the bandroom monday evening... No ligature= cannot play at all
-
Speechless at the thought of having to make another trip back to school. And all that mad rush was for nothing -_____- In case you're wondering what a ligature is, it's that metal or leather thing with a screw to hold the reed in place at the mouthpiece. And please do not try to google 'ligature' for pictures cos you will be greeted by some nasty stuff.

So yea.. i went back to school on tuesday afternoon just to get that silly ligature. The bandfest ppl were coming to transport the percussion stuff to nie in a big lorry. No problem. But the terrible part was that we had to shift the drums and blabla out of the band room, down the corridor, down either a flight of stairs or a super narrow slope and winding before we reach the road where the lorry is. T______________T i stayed to help anyway, despite my aching left arm from monday haha. It was exhausting and i sweated like a pig. So now both my arms are aching.

No comments:

Post a Comment