Friday 12 December 2008

Of a fangirl's ramblings and strange reactions-- Tokyo Babylon

"If you and I should ever meet again, let us live together for one year. My heart is the direct inverse of yours... you are kind, pure, and honest. And I'm sure that is how you will continue to grow up. Your heart will remain pure. So, if we should ever meet again, I will try my hardest to learn to love you. Just for one year... and after that year, if I can consider you "special", you will have won and I will not kill you. But if I decide that I cannot consider you special to me -- if I cannot distinguish the difference between you and that corpse, then... I will kill you. And so today... I will let you go."
Taken from wiki, what seishiro said to subaru.

Do you sense the beginning of a tragedy...?

CLAMP likes to play with the notion of betrayal. I don't know what it is that makes me so sad when reading X or Tokyo Babylon. Maybe it's what the characters experience which cause them to change so much. I feel terrible when such a thing happens. Sure, it's a good thing to grow and mature mentally but in the case of X and Tokyo babylon, i feel terrible after seeing these changes in the protagonists. Like how a compassionate and innocent boy turns to a angsty teen full of vengence for someone he loves(yes, present tense). Or even the other way round when a heartless and powerful guy learns to care for people around him. Because the heartless killer loses his 'invincibility' and becomes affected by others, often getting hurt or even dying in the end.

I'm a selfish and self-contradictory fangirl, am i not? T__T

After reading so much CLAMP stuff these few days i can feel my angst level rising. D**n the CLAMP world is such a cruel and complicated place. And omg i'm exposing myself to alot of shounen ai. Because i'm also rewatching prince of tennis anime. You know lah.. a team of good looking guys playing tennis. Sure to have some hints here and there. This is terrible cos when i come across such a scene, be it in CLAMP manga or POT anime, unprepared, i seriously get a shock and cringe involuntarily. The cringe often comes together with a gasp of real terror. Like when someone taps you on your shoulders while you're concentrating hard on something else. The sound which i make is more solid than a gasp, not as high pitched as a scream and softer than a shout. Go figure.

Scenario 1: On the living room sofa reading X manga while mum, also on the sofa, watches tv
Me: (gets to a part where Fuma does something 'bad' to Kamui) AAAAHHhhhhhh *shudders and shakes the whole sofa*
Mum: OI YOU CRAZY ARH

This is the cue for me to go back to my room to read cos mum will start poking me with her feet until i move somewhere else.

Wow, wordy post but i feel better after typing all these. Stay tuned to photos of bishies from the manga in the next post =D

No comments:

Post a Comment