Thursday 10 June 2010

Angel Beats!

I wish Togashi would run out of money quickly, and get back to Hunter X.

Just last week while I was looking around on 'watch anime now' website, I randomly clicked on an episode of Angel Beats! and the video started. The clear and strong piano opening was extremely captivating and I ended up watching the entire opening sequence before clicking on episode 1.

Alas, the video for the first two episodes were spoilt so I jumped straight to the 3rd. Plot was pretty easy to pick up even without any background information. The animation was also good though the graphics look very game-like. I was mainly attracted to the music and luckily for me, the 3rd episode was regarding music (4th episode was on baseball) or I might have stopped watching all together.

Angel Beats! is a surprisingly funny anime with many touching parts. I had cases of goosebumps at the end of most episodes. Never close to crying but the scenarios warmed my heart while giving it a little wrench. Ehh that sounds really weird X_X hahaha but you get what I mean lah.

Just a short series of screenshots from episode 3, showing the ultimate Pi attack and a blooming obvious conclusion.

Battle start!
KO!!!!
Hahaha Many more funny parts throughout the series =D Bishies, action, humour, friendship and a little romance XD Me like!

I've also been entertaining myself with some tear-jerkers. Just cuz I feel like it =/ It started off with Angel Beats! and Hunter X's hiatus putting me in a melancholic mood, so I decided to go all the way. Watched the last four episodes of Wolf's Rain which are also the OVA and cried alot when Toboe died and during the last episode T__T

Next up was Samurai X: Reflections (Rurouni Kenshin Seisouhen) which is also the 2nd OVA. I think I've mentioned this OVA at least twice in my previous posts over the years but please bear with me XD

So there I was, watching the sad little tale and preparing to bawl like a baby when suddenly, Gintoki from Gintama appeared! My eyes almost popped out!! I almost thought that I was watching the wrong video and that the whole thing was a Gintama parody.

There! Looks just like Gin-san desho~?!
Of course, on a closer look, Gintoki doesn't wear glasses like that and he isn't as muscular as Enishi (that's the real name of the dude above). The hairstyles are different too =DD But Enishi really does look like Gintoki wearing Midou Ban's glasses XDXD

Yea, that unexpected appearance by the Gintoki look-alike ruined the sadness I was trying to build up since the start of the OVA..........

P.S. Kenshin's voice is too feminine, I'd prefer a lady with a deeper voice to do the voicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment