Sunday 13 October 2013

Photoshoot over!

The photoshoot is over! One of the more comfortable costumes out of my recent coses, but has it's own set of problems as well.
Appearance of the cookie monster lololol and I look like voldemort in the top one

It was a novel experience shooting in a studio, with limited space, impressive reflectors, huge flash (i don't know what all those things are called), backdrops and stuff. I'd be honest, it was a precious and valuable chance which I should be soaking in and appreciating with my whole soul but I was in pain and very uncomfortable for most parts T_____T 

My left eye was giving me hell and the irritation just refused to go away. I took off the lens, washed and put it back on a few times  but it still didn't work. That's the first time something like this has happened :( contacts used to never give problems. I suspect it's because of my 'no contacts, spectacles only' operation which kinda made my eyes unaccustomed to wearing contacts, especially a 16mm lens so suddenly.  

Many many factors lah, I never used to order ifairy lens because I thought they would be too huge for my tiny eyes. I don't know if this is a one time event or it'll happen every time I wear larger lens....... hopefully it'll be ok next time, because I will definitely be encountering these lenses again T___T so yea my eye kept tearing, smudging my eye liner. The crying also gave me mucus which I needed to sniff  up continuously and wipe, smudging my make up again. 

My eyes were red and teary as a result.... the others kept telling me not to cry lol. Immediately took off the contact lens after the shoot, so I was half blind. Luckily I had a ride home and could sit back and close my eyes during the trip. The pain persisted until I fell asleep yesterday, and my eye was seriously swollen. Fortunately it's much better today and the swell is almost gone. I will need to try the contact lens on again after my eye has recovered to see if the irritation is still there though :(

On to problem 2 which can be solved more easily I hope.. My wig kept sliding back urghhhhhhh. My fault entirely. I need to tighten the straps -__- quite angry with myself for not adjusting, especially since I kept taking it off due to the sliding problem and had so much time to make adjustments but I did not. Oh wells. Also need to improve on the styling omg it's unacceptable even by my noob standards. Yup so wig was a second major problem, I kept pulling my wig and rolling the spikes together even when taking photos, it was quite bad. I'm actually quite afraid to see the official photos... 

Make up problem was still there but not as bad... I tried to recreate what liz did for me when she stayed over but failed terribly. She helped me again after that, but it was after my solo shots so too bad for those photos hehe. I tried contouring...... it was ok for a first try I guess. Much to be improved on. I know my character is a bishie character but that's still no excuse for looking so girly. Ah wells.
Here's a manly photo though :D taken from Kai Lin who was a great help with everything!!! Here you can see my attempts at contouring. I darkened the eye to nose area, hair line, jaw line and tried the hollows of the check. Too heavy at the cheeks and it didn't join to the right part of the hair line whoops. More on the eye to nose area next time! :)b

No make up face yo!!!
I know I've been going on and on about the gun but here's the rest of the outfit, taken the night before the shoot. I made the dog tag necklace, belt, shoulder and hanging thingies myself :D the shoulder part was a pain but I managed it!

So all in all, the props and costume turned out to be the least of my worries (first time sia!) haha I'm really really glad that I joined the team, the people and characters I took on helped me improve so much and gave me the chance to try so many new things. Prop making, costume making, make up, photoshoots (Y) very very lovely, funny and cool people in the team who help one another and are so good at cosplay :Dbb   

No comments:

Post a Comment