Friday 20 August 2010

Throbbing thumbs

My dearest beloved AS, I'm having some trouble with your brother. It's no joking matter when I need to be well acquainted with him for my first public appearance with him in October.

First of all, I must state that I welcome the challenge =D with a smile.

To think of it.. I have been 'playing' the alto for every single day for the past 3 years, even after I left band. Hear a tune, I move my fingers automatically-- transposed to the alto pitch ( it used to be the piano but I have since moved on XD) It has become almost like second nature to me.. and this is what's causing the trouble. I keep getting thrown off by the altos beside me and when the notes being played out do not fit the pitch I have in mind, it's really hard for me to fully enjoy the music haha.. or play smoothly =D still I believe I'll survive!

Transpose problems aside, I lack the capacity to take on a larger instrument, especially after a year of rest. Even when my fingers are moving, my embouchure cmi and starts to leak.

First prac yesterday was a flop for me.. RAAWRR MOTIVATION

No comments:

Post a Comment