Tuesday 16 November 2010

Anime Festival Asia X

NOTE: Click here for my post on Anime festival Asia 2011!!


Operation Zettai Ryouiki success! ;D

This post is not a review of AFAX nor will it cover any events. Will be writing about my 'adventures' which is of no relevance to ppl who do not know me/ are looking for complete write ups =)))

Anime festival Asia 2010 or AFAX was held in Singapore on the 13th to 14th of november. This marks my 2nd time attending. My attention was more on the cosplayers (especially since HxH ppl were going to show up) and not the exhibitions, which I felt were kinda unexciting. But let's talk about the exciting stuff shall we =D

Note: Extremely detailed descriptions coming up, please don't take me as a stalker. I am but a mere fangirl.

My main goal was to take photos of and with the hxh cosplayers wahaha pretty narrow I admit but oh well, that's me. Kept looking out for the hxh cosers the moment I arrived at suntec but didn't see any. Was at the animax dubbing section when I turned to my right and spotted a dainty figure with silver hair holding onto a skateboard and an unopened lollipop coming my way. Couldn't take my eyes off him, it was too risky lest I lost sight of him among the sea of people.

Inner voice: Killua killua killua killua killua killua

I don't exactly recall what I was doing ie gaping/ alerting janice/ smsing LOL but these were my train of thoughts

Inner voice: Take picture, take picture oh wait, see if he's meeting up with the rest of the group then boomz, take a group photo. Oh wait, start thinking of poses too, you dont want to mess up the photo. And I hope I get to see the rest too---- blablabla

Like some stupid action flick I actually suggested to Janice that we follow him XD

Me: Janice! Follow the white hair guy while I reply a sms
Janice: Usu boss! Who's he?
Me: KILLUA
Janice: Oh, from where?
Me: HUNTER X HUNTER

Now that was kinda funny cos I've been ranting to Janice about how much I wished to meet the hxh ppl and i've been babbling to her about the series on almost a monthly basis for around 5 years? HAHA exaggeration.

Can't remember if I replied the sms in the end cos the opportunity came much earlier than expected when a group of 3 or 4 girls ambushed Killua near the entrance and requested to take a photo with him. Before he picked up his bag to leave, I popped the question too LOL
I got a 1:1 photo with Killua! Hah! Take that, group of girls who beat me to taking photo with him XD

Pretty much in bliss for the rest of the day. End of story. Hahahaha naahh I also saw Shizuku when returning from lunch but she was setting up deme-chan (and blowing her nose -so cute!!-) so i left her alone and went into the hall to see if I could spot other hxh cosplayers. Managed to see Killua again. He was with a group of friends (not cosplaying)

Could have asked for another photo but chose not to in the end because
1. didn't want to scare Killua with my creepy enthusiasm
2. might die from an overdose of happiness if I got another photo with him

No luck meeting Kuroro, went out again to find shizuku =) this time she was ready

Also requested for a photo with the very good looking Ichigo, who was cosing alone the entire time =D he was rather good, I saw a variety of poses from him and he made an effort to change his pose for every photo =) me likey very muchy

Lots of vocaloid cosplays. Beautiful and elaborate costumes. Some Mikus were very sweet looking while others looked ok, but all appreciated=D

Saw Nurarihyon cosplays too haha 2 Nura Rikuos, 1 Nurarihyon (only because the hair was elongated straight to the back and not to the side O_o) and a Zen sama XD


Kuroro was elusive and successfully evaded my spider radar =( Danchou, I will definitely meet you next time! -heads towards the east-

More pictures!


Ichigo XD

Angel beats -- Angel aka Kanade cosplayer looked very pretty

Gintoki and Katsura
Adorable Deme-chan with Shizuku
Zettai ryouiki for AFAX

Thanks to Janice who took all the photos cos my phone cmi XD browse through the album to see all pictures (including our camwhores) on fb! =D
I need to thank Janice again for her wonderful present XD and for transforming me into such a pretty girl during AFA without you, not just my camera, but my make up, would be a disaster hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment