Tuesday 10 July 2012

Cosfest XI


Marks my 2nd time cosplaying!! Again, it was great fun even though not many people knew the characters because the anime's really too new and not many people are into otome games to know about Arcana Famiglia PSP before the anime aired.

This post is going to be a long winded entry.

Originally, it was supposed to be a 4-man party for cosfest but things happened (I almost thought I had to go alone at one point) and so I'm super thankful that Yz was able to accompany me this time again. We cosplayed as Felicita and Luca from Arcana Famiglia.
We arranged to meet at 11am and there was a bit of delay while waiting for her white long sleeve button up to arrive. Then we dabaoed lunch to my house, ate, and officially started preparing at 12noon. 

Spammed BB cream like mad but still cant get that whitish look leh... Anyway first problem was trying to get Yz to look like a guy. Inspired by the sexy guyliner look, I told her to line the entire eye. To our disappointment, it turned out like Gaara and she had to wipe it off. Then she kinda accidentally wiped her eyeball or sth and started gasping in pain. LOL 

Problem 2: I popped in my green contacts and did my eye make up. While trying to stick the falsies on, I realised that the eyelash glue I had (those freebies stuff that came together with the lashes) didn't work at all! What I squeezed out from the tube was like some squishy white tack which would be very pleasant to squish the entire day if I wasn't trying to use it to get my falsies to attach to my eye lids. Cannot sia.... so I went for cosfest without the power of fake eyelashes. Xie tian xie di I had my green contacts, if not you won't be able to see my eyes in half the photos.

The outfits were more troublesome this time, Yz's blazer had a single white stripe on the sleeves and each pocket. I decided to be cheapo and used double sided tape because it was so convenient. Later at downtown east, the stuff kept falling off to the extent that we didn't care anymore. Yz also had to use a black marker to colour the bottom part of her shoes black. LOL super DIY. Talking about DIY, I made my own knives as props and sacrificed two files and the cardboard back of a fullscap paper-- over 2 nights. Also tried to make a thigh belt out of a $2 belt I bought. Proud of myself!

Anyway we were scrambling to leave the house towards the end because I wanted to be early for once. Was commenting to Yz about how nice it was that my mum was out if not she would be nagging... and then the door opened and my mum came home. The first thing she said was

你们很会拖leh!

but she offered to drive us to the mrt which I was really thankful for because the walk to the MRT always has me perspiring no matter how slowly I walk, not to mention we were in long sleeved top and pants that day. Left house at 2.30pm. Improvement!

Problem 3: Yz's character was supposed to wear white gloves. Kyou (who was supposed to be Luca originally) had bought the white gloves but she suddenly couldn't find them!!! and the seller said that she had sold her 1 last pair of white gloves to Kyou! So we were gloveless. I posted a plea on Sg cafe and a very nice girl offered to lend us the gloves for that day. I met up with her at downtown east on the day itself and she spent almost 5 minutes searching for the gloves before I told her that it was ok T____T MAKTUB, seriously, maktub.

Problem 4: Rmb the thigh belt I made? It came apart and there was no way I could fix it.... so the accuracy of my cosplay fell again. 

Again, we were quite awkward when posing for photos, though better than last time. A million thanks to Kyou who rushed down from NUS after her work (and even reached earlier than us LOL) to be our photographer. 

Points to note for future events:
Better make up-- how to achieve that flawless looking WHITE complexion? I think i'll just spend money and buy another of that ZA 2 way foundation or whatever it's called. The prev shade I bought was ok for normal use, but too dark for cosplay.... And get a proper tube of eyelash glue.

Better pose: Don't panic when people ask to take photos. Act calm and professional. Yz and I did brainstorm for poses before the event, but it was still awkward. I must rant, there was this guy who just came up to me as I was walking and started snapping away. Warao. I screamed at asked him to stop so I could put down my bag and pose properly with Yz.

Costume and wig-- We've got to be more responsible for the accuracy of our cosplay. From the cosfest photos, I saw that there was another Felicita around, with a Liberta and her costume and wig were super accurate. I feel so ashamed haha.... but i've hunted high and low for the belts and stuff........... unless the outfit and wigs were purchased as a set online =X but that's not the point, my wig colour was very off and costume was only...60% accurate. Got to try wig styling too... using the wig as it is will not be enough to portray most characters. Will try harder!!

Photos-- I tried to take more photos of other cosers, but my photography skills were so bad. Gosh, we all want the sun when taking photos, but the sun blinded me so badly I couldn't see what I was taking -__- 

Photo spam time!

 



But overall, it was a vast improvement from last time!! Because we were more prepared ((: Even for photo editing, I've figured out how to keep the photo quality when using meitu xiuxiu, and all is lovely. Thanks to Yang Zhi for being my loyal cosmate!! Kowtow to Kyou for being the photographer. Really really thank you guys haha hope to involve other friends next time and make new friends at future events!

More photos will be up on fb soon I think, not sure if Kyou or me will be uploading, cos we're both editing. Either way, if she uploads, then i'll upload mine here or on DA so you guys won't have to see different edits of the same photo on fb :D

LOL, TOO FUN I TELL YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment