Saturday 17 August 2013

Operation no contact lens

Many many people have been telling me in person that I look stressed/ tired/ have eyebags. Most of them then ask me to take better care of myself and sleep more :) I truly appreciate the concern -touched- There was just this one guy who told me rather rudely that I look as if I haven't slept for days and later took my laptop claiming that I looked like I was going to pass out. I'm like.... _l_ no thanks I didn't ask you to take my laptop bag i'm sorry my normal face looks so dead and snatched it back. Rude TTM sia :(

That aside, to these comments mostly I just play along and blame it all on FYP.

The truth is, I've been sleeping much earlier ever since I joined the lab and corrected my sleeping hours to a very healthy pattern. Sure FYP is stressful and I don't get my afternoon naps no more but I have been sleep early and I don't know why my eyes look so terrible okay :( I can't help it that I have to wake early, sleeping earlier should solve the waking early problem right??

Then I thought about it long and hard... cos the number of similar comments are really alarming and scaring me T__T it occurred to me that I've been wearing my contact lenses for more than 12 hours a day for almost every single day after starting lab in mid June. Since weekdays are all taken up by lab, my weekends are packed with activities and I have to wear contacts as well -_- so frustrating.

My eyes are very tolerant towards contact lens and I feel no discomfort wearing my normal lenses so I always keep them on the entire day even after returning home T___T I mean after years of wearing contacts without any issues I kinda ignore all the safety stuff like not wearing for more than a certain hours and so on. 

Getting to the point.. I'm going on a 'no contacts, spectacles only' phase for a least a month, started yesterday. I will have to bear with my over dramatic thick framed specs, having my specs slip down my nose, having them fogged up when I feel hot, unsightly red marks on my nose bridge, messy hair when I put on or remove them and many more problems which I'm sure to discover soon. Will also try to take some eye supplements.. 

Wordy post ahahaha ps for the lack of photos recently.. I'll just end off with a collection of my various coses since last year February!
Subaru taken by Lynweh cos, Bisca by Naruto4836 Fotoworks, Kyubei by Kyou, Felicita by Kyou, Bubbles selfie, Luka by Yz, Kagura by Kyou, Shizuo by Kyou, Aoba costest selfie (lol it doesn't belong here but mehh)

2 more coming up this year jiayou jiayou!! I've a few more plans and added them to the cosplans at the right side of the blog :)b

2 comments: