Sunday 11 August 2013

Thoughts on Hakuouki Demon of the Fleeting Blossom

Hunter X Hunter episodes make me feel so depressed nowadays. I'm still looking forward to a new episode every Sunday but I always clench my fists while watching because urghhh it's too upsetting X__X 

For this season I'm also watching Free!, Gin no saji, Watamote-- short for watashi ga motenai no dou kangaete mo omaera ga warui. That was a total mouthful hahaha! That's about it! Nope i'm not watching shingeki no kyojin because I've read the manga and totally lost interest in the anime as a result. Of course Uchuu kyoudai is still on my list, I watch a new episode every saturday without fail :)

Let me gush a little about Free! It's fan service for the ladies but seriously the guys are too adorable. Fan service done right :') I appreciate it very muchy.  

I've finished Hakuouki demon of the fleeting blossom on the PSP and :))))))bbb it's a good first game. A little heavy on the history and content side and less romance than I expected but oh man I had so much feels after finishing each route. Favourite guy goes to Harada because he was the most romantic but Hijikata and Okita both made me so emotional during and at the end of their routes ;__; 

Trying not to spoil too much but I had a serious case of goosebumps when the name Hakuouki was spoken in the game-- this happened in Hijikata's route. Darn it Hijikata, you made me so worried throughout 
your route. He's such a gruff person which made the scenes where he smiles and appreciates Chiziru all the more precious. KUDOS TO MIKI SHIN for putting in so much effort into voicing Hijikata LOL so gruff and growly, I tried to speak that way and ran out of breath just after 2 words lol??! Bittersweet ending. I mean they're together and all but description never fails to remind that death is approaching and may come suddenly so there's no way I can be 100% shiawase

Okita's route was the only one which made me cry, during the happy end. The tears just flowed out so naturally OwO I was surprised when I felt them on my cheeks. Welll.... great job because I wasn't super taken with Okita, pretty neutral throughout his route and I was paying more attention to Morikubo's voice and admiring how musical he sounded. Again, the end hinted strongly of the uncertain future and how they would treasure every moment of it and express their love for each other clearly. I thought Okita died when he only fell asleep T____T that was the exact intention of the game writers I tell you urgh don't play with my heart please...

Saitou was the first guy I went after and I felt that he was too indifferent and in his own world.. Quite unwilling to admit his love for Chizuru too and that kinda turned me off XD  

Harada was my second guy and well.. you know how I feel towards him XD majority of the romance in the entire game was put into his route and he was the only one who has a happy end with no looming consequences. Ohh he's also the only guy in the game who got to bed Chizuru. Nothing explicit but yeaaa it was very clearly implied XD This is the route to go for if you're aiming for more romance and a normal life in the game lol

Heisuke was normal... His voice kinda hurt my ears so I never really got into his story. Pity because I like his character design.

Kazama, who's also hanging off the side of my psp as an accessory, was so-so as well. His route was too short to be compared to the rest so yea. What I found really funny about the bad guys was that they have this routine of leaving at the slightest disturbance in the middle of the fight with your Shinsengumi guy, or claim that their mission here is done so they'll leave for today, leaving the Shinsengumi guy fuming and swearing to become stronger to defeat them in the future hahaha it became predictable after the first route. Main takeaway-- Kazama = sexy TsudaKen voice XD

So overall-- Hijikata, Harada, Okita, Saitou=Heisuke. The bgm at the start screen and the bgm for some of the happy ends (aka the major key version of the prev song) were my favourite. Rest of the music had some really strange instrumentation but still acceptable tune wise.

School starts tomorrow T_____________________________T bye bye life

No comments:

Post a Comment