Saturday 16 November 2013

AFA this year

Finally finished my test and presentation and submitted 2 essays on tuesday. Time for event recount!

Woke up with a stomachache on saturday which bugged me the entire mrt ride from the west to pasir ris X_____X it was really bad I even considered getting off early to use the toilet somewhere. I think it was because I was excited to see Suwabe LOL and just nervous on the whole.

Took me some time to get to the chalet, had to ask for directions twice and didn't manage to find the way until this kind uncle walked with me to where I could see the entrance XD that was certainly an ulu place.

I was one of the first few to be done with the make up and preparations so the leader asked me if I could help the others with their make up, and that he would 'send someone over' to have his make up done. Before that person came over though, I was given the task of cutting our coscards which were beautifully printed. I wish I had a clear photo to show here but I have yet to receive my set so yeapp XD soon my friends.

I was there, kinda struggling with the pen knife, ruining a few cards on my first stroke and switched to a scissors. Then this coser whom I find rather good looking but have never spoken to poked his head into the room and asked if I could put on make up for him, addressing me by my name 8DDDDD

Well, maktub. Becuase leader thought I was busy and very good at cutting the cards so he asked another guy to help mr bishie with his make up. I vented my frustrations through the cutting. LOL

Ok jokes aside, it started raining and to make things worse, the chartered bus left without us because we were late and the driver needed to fetch another group of people. GAHHHHHHH I was shocked when I heard the news but nothing else could be done.. In the end we went down in cabs, 4 by 4.

The time was already 2+ and I had planned to be at the ministage at 4pm to catch Suwabe at 4.30pm. Starting to feel anxious.. Fortunately there was no queue for the tickets so I bought the tickets for saturday and sunday and quickly went back to help the team prepare. Wasn't of much help though, cos it was mainly the amours which had to be pieced together and I was awful at doing those X___X and I was too jumpy about meeting Suwabe and being early so I couldn't focus on helping with make up and stuff.

I got to the stage on time, but a crowd had already formed... I was rather at the back. People were sitting on the floor, squeezing around. 

There was this girl on the phone who pushed past me, trying to find her friend. Got irritated with her and to make things worse, her bag zip caught the wig of a Miku cosplayer who was walking away. Miku started screaming -__- and I told her to calm down while untangling the wig. The other girl stayed on her phone the entire time. Seriously pissed off man.. After that I sternly told her that she needed to be more conscious of her surroundings 

Anyways I was still rather at the back of the crowd :(( Because of this, I wasn't chosen to answer any questions to win a gift bag which Suwabe and Yurin would sign. The lucky 20 ppl who were chosen were all standing nearer to the stage than I was. I waved my hands so wildly, to the extent of taking off part of my outfit and waving it to attract attention. Haiz.... disappointed. 

Suwabe was very charismatic on stage and did his best to answer all the questions in english which he wasn't particularly good at XD it was funny though, and almost everything he said made us scream. Yurin of course wasn't so popular but we politely cheered for her as well :)

All the jumping I did made my wig slide off OTL I later realised I must have looked hideous, which was perhaps why the emcee didn't pick me to answer questions LOL also my left contact lens started acting up X___X omg that was my worst nightmare. It was perfectly fine the whole morning so I didn't bring my contact lens case with me.... No choice.. there wasn't much I could do about it. Beared with the discomfort for the rest of the event, IT WAS HORRIBLE.

After the suwabe's segment I met up with CM for a short while before rushing to the toilet to fix my wig (with so many people staring as they queued for the cubicles) I just put on my dao face and did what I needed to do ahaha

Took lots of group shots after that and as expected...... my red left eye was evident in some  of the zoomed in photos taken later X___X not sure how many people noticed but since no one mentioned in the comments I'll  just keep quiet as well haha

Cabbed back to the chalet after that and had pizza, celebrated leader san's birthday XD i took some photos of him making a wish with the lighted candles in the dark and it looked like some horror movie ritual LOL

Even after taking off the contacts, my left eye remained sore and hurting so I kept them closed whenever I could.. Had a ride back to clementi by one of the team mates who also drove a few of us back to cck so I didn't reach home too late despite the busy day :)

Sunday's events have been accounted for in the previous entry :)

Somehow, AFA seems incomplete for me this year, and I know exactly the reason why.. I did not take photos of any cosplays at all. None, nil, zero, except for one single camwhore which I've already posted in the previous entry. Didn't say hi to many people and I'm really really sad I didn't get more time to explore and look at the cosplays :(((((( It's not anybody's fault. When you're in a big group, it's bound to happen. Those in amour didn't even get to sit down and rest haha.. I'm in no position to complain. I did some time to explore the exhibits properly on sunday but it was still early and I wasn't able to meet my friends nor stay back long enough to say hello..

It was a really bad time to have the event I guess.. Took so much fun out of the entire thing because at one big corner of my mind the words 'test and essays' kept flashing.

I will make sure that I take more photos of other people next event and say hi to everyone I know. Also, get a bottle of eyedrops and keep my contact lens case with me all the time :)b


No comments:

Post a Comment