Wednesday 18 December 2013

Long long post about photoshoot and EOY

After last weekend , a few things I realised.. I miss cosplaying female characters so much, so so much :'D and also, the difference between daiso lashes and the japan brand lashes is thhiiiiiiissssssssssss much

I didn't go all out for Princess Leia and did only the bare minimal make up with eyeliner because I thought adding fake lashes was overkill and would scare my band mates lol.
1. Laguna didnt need any blush, lashes or lip gloss. 
2. I got my hands on a few more cosmetics and helped out with Kai's shoot where I went ooh and ahh at her huge collection of make up.

Was itching so badly to try out my make up and doll myself up *__* the last time i cosed a girl was in july for CCS Bubbles

No time to try until last Saturday for bisca. When the fake lashes went on omg I was shocked once again at the difference lashes make. Was using the jewelove lashes mentioned in the previous make up post. I don't know whether it was a level up from the usual daiso lashes I've been using or if my technique has improved (lol) or if I was in particularly good condition that day but I was just blinking and laughing to myself in the mirror ahahaha. 

Anyways husbando was for the shoot on sat because of some wig and belt mishaps. At the actual venue, wig went on well and I only encountered a little problem with sticking the white ribbon at the top and bottom of the tube dress. Had fun in the toilet wahaha


Premise of the shoot was a shy first date where bisca and alzark met up and had a sweet romantic time feeding each other yum yums. Then some weapon action shots after that :) it actually started raining after we got our first few shots and completed the first scenario. Prompt indoor cafe shot wheeeee managed to get a nice table at TCC and spent a happy hour there having high tea and shooting. Might have been the best shoot of my life, got to sit comfortably in aircon and eat delicacies 8D more please.

It was still drizzling after we were done but we went on ahead to the next location at merchant road or something like that. Very nice place I never knew existed! Finished up the shoot there and I can't wait to see the photos! Zee was our photographer and despite not having a helper I think we survived well :)b
Shoot ended later than I expected and I had to quickly rush to my prof's house for a Xmas lab dinner.. Wanted to cab there but it was still raining and being the cab noob I am, I couldn't flag down any and took mrt in the end, having wasted 30 minutes already. Finally reached prof's house at 8-ish.. I think I surprised the lab people because I'm relatively quiet compared to the other 2 fyp mates and seeing me dressed up with such heavy make up must have changed tier impression a little... For better or worse I have no idea o_O ah wells prof's daughter is so cute!! And he dotes on her so adorable hahaha

EOY was the immediate next day and I changed a pair of lashes from the same jewelove lash to get a less sultry and more spunky look: 
Didn't look like Cater much and thankfully I got a huge help from the photog/helper Wei who was really good at styling wigs OTL wigs are one thing I need so much improvement on.. It's one thing to look pretty, but if the resemblance is missing then a bit no point ah.

For a group with members who seldom meet and are cosing together for the 1st time, I believe we did quite well and managed to make our way to the barrage by 2pm (i think) Yifen really did a good job coordinating and I'd like to think that the individual cosers were responsible for themselves as well :)

Sun was scorching and I could feel my legs burn even with the socks on, could barely open my eyes properly at the first location on the bridge I wonder how the photos will turn out there. One thing though, Cater has pretty and striking colours -- blue eyes and orange hair, and my overkill lashes LOL so shouldn't be too bad. 

I had quite a few photos taken and managed to walk around quite a bit. Sadly...... I didn't see any hxh cosers or any cosplays which caught my attention. Just Debito and Virus. Didn't buy anything too.. But it was fun because I was so happy with my wig and could walk around properly and my contact lenses weren't being a pain in the eye. I've confirmed that the green lenses for Laguna are defective since I wore the purple lens for Bisca on saturday from the same brand and they felt so comfy ;_; oh wells

Not the full team here but it was as many members as we could gather and squeeze into a front camera shot hahaha

My feet were hurting like crap at the end of the event because I was wearing ill fitting shoes the whole day whoops, had dinner at just asia and took the bus back to clementi with Yanx where we talked about HxH the entire bus ride XDXD so fulfilling to talk for almost an hour with a fellow HxH fan!!

Had solo shots taken by Sam whose fb photograhy page is here. Our group's shots are nicely compiled in this album. Do check out the album! I'm so proud of the team :') it has brought us closer and it's a lovely wrap up for my 2013 events.
Many things about my make up I can point out based on this photo... but i'll just leave it here without commenting hehe :D

My western blots turned out nicely today I'm happy and looking forward to getting my assay readings tomorrow!! Hopeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment