Saturday 21 September 2013

:(

I've decided not to play for the band concert this semester. I've been harbouring this thought since school started but whenever I see my friends during practices I realise I miss them so so so much, I just can't bear to leave.

The first time I met the band peeps again after my total absence during the 3 months holidays, I felt so emotional because I missed them so badly. It wasn't about the saxophone or the music making any more but my section mates and all the people I knew throughout my 3 years with the band.. Sigh 

I could have dragged it on and eventually played for the concert.... but Sunday practices which start tomorrow is the breaking point. I haven't been to a single sectional this semester-- the first time I was very sick, second week was e-learning, and the latest session I was busy with lab which ended late so I decided to skip and go home even though bus D2 which goes to the band venue came first. As I watched the bus leave I knew that I wouldn't be playing with the band this semester.. Aiya sorry for being so drama but I'm really sad ok :'(  

I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I skipped a combined practice deliberately so yup rather than miss the sunday practice, I smsed my SL to inform her.. My conductor is in better health so I won't be so worried about him. The sax section has quite a few new members and is in good hands under the SL so all will be well :')

Hope I won't regret this decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment