Saturday 21 September 2013

It's done!!!!!

I fixed on the final part yesterday-- too excited to post after taking the photos this morning and I forgot to add blings or cartoons. Disclaimer: This is a toy made up of mostly foam okies
The back portion looks really flat and I can definitely improve on it.. but nope i'm not going to be touching it these 2 weeks until closer to the photoshoot.

Probably going to hold it like this lol. Good thing it's quite light, if not my right arm is going to become more muscular then my left with all that lifting.

There's a mini crosshair thingy lmao, hope no one gets a close up of it because it's really badly carved.

I spent..... like a couple of months on it? Took a long break in the middle after covering the whole thing with black foam because I was stuck at finding the best method to make it shine. In the end it was back to the principle of getting down to doing it because you never know what works and what doesn't until you try. Sniff sniff if I had started experimenting earlier I would have been done earlier as well. 

Same for the belt and the shoulder thingy. As of now, belt is done but shoulder part is not!!! HELP

Learning points: 
PVA glue is wonderful
Acrylic paint is wonderful as well and can paint almost anything
Use nail polish remover to clean paint brushes
Priming the foam does help with spray painting afterwards but not much. Multiple coats are a must :(

Updates on lab:
PI is away so we're out to play! No lah, just that I'm more inclined to leaving early once i'm done with the experiments for the day. And no lab meetings! So I can wake up later :'') I appreciate that very very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment