Sunday 6 April 2014

Bye bye thesis (soon)

I see the light at the end of the tunnel so clearly *_____* left with half the discussion, future directions and conclusion, and lots of proof reading. 

Submitted my first draft on friday after I finally got my blots that same morning and could stop all experiments. I actually did the bulk of the writing on friday itself LOL desperation does wonders, it creates miracles. Amazing. 

Prof was ultimately my savior.. My problem for the IP was that when the bottom part of the blot showed what I wanted, the top part always had a pull down in the vector lanes which is a big no no and makes everything invalid. 

It turned out I should never ever use the mouse primary antibody because the beads I was doing the pulldown with are mouse beads. OTL I always thought I was simply doing a beads pulldown, not antibody so the secondary antibody I use doesn't matter. Who would have thought that the beads were from mouse or whatever???? And it's just my luck that I have the option of choosing either mouse or rabbit for the primary antibody I'm using, and I was just alternating between the two without much thought. 

Ah wells so anyways so after prof pointed it out on thursday, I imm ran the samples for that blot which I want to use the bottom part of, and developed it on friday. Spent the whole afternoon sitting in lab and writing like.. 60% of the thesis and sent it to prof in the evening before going home.  

Saturday felt sooooooooo good, finally a day when I don't have to go lab. I woke up early anyways because 8am has become my natural waking time but it felt so good to know that I didn't have to do any more experiments, not on sunday nor on monday ^______^ really I've been going to lab every single day for quite some time. I feel a little more rested.



And so we had our first date. He's so precious :) and he passed my silent noodle slurping test!

No comments:

Post a Comment