Friday 25 April 2014

And so they chose Kyubei

For the video shoot on wednesday. I submitted these photos.. Felt a little embarrassed while compiling them to show here but XDXD it's a good milestone I guess ^^

-photo removed just in case I need them for another shoot oops-

Got the wig from Yz (THANKS SO MUCH) on tuesday and did my best to style the pony tail. Spammed a lot of gel and hair spray but it's much more accurate to the character than when I first cosed kyubei 2 years ago :)))) 

I woke up at 7am, ate bread, did make up and left the house at 8.15ish. Ran a little late because I was a little slow on the make up that day. My fault for starting with my right eye makeup when usually I do my left first.

Despite knowing that my left eye was going to be covered by the eye patch, I insisted on doing the make up for both eyes because I die die wanted to look presentable on the train. So on went the eye shadow, eye liner, fake crease and lower lashes. I didn't put on the top lashes because based on past experience the lashes would get squished and ruined by the eye patch and I didn't want to spoil my pretty lashes. I chose to use the dramatic lower lashes. They look really really drama in real life but very natural and pretty in photos. Every time I use them, I get a shock because they look like caterpillars hahaha you get the idea.

After I was done, looked at myself in the mirror and thought I looked really goth with my super drama lower eye make up. It wasn't bad looking, but really gothic and emo looking LOL because I didn't have my top lashes. Now I know how to look gothic, more power to me wheeeee! No photo cos I was running a little late that day OTL should have taken one.

Met up with Kai at xxx mrt and took a bus to the place in the park. We were on time yay! The 2 other cosers arrived after a while and surprise!! I knew them too!! Haha we were all from the CCS team. No surprise actually, since I got to know about this shoot from her fb status. 

I put on my wig and reluctantly, the eye patch because it's not nice at all to lose the sight in one eye. But the eye patch had to go on because I could fix the wig position only when the eye patch was in place.. bo bian :/ so that was that. Then I tried to stick on my top lashes with only 1 eye OTL it was not possible LOL totally forgot that I stick it on with the eye closed, seeing out of the other eye. So off came the eye patch for a while.

Lashes went on smoothly and tada *__* Im just looking at this photo and wondering if people will believe it's this same girl who usually has slits for eyes. No filter or edits okay XDXD my zipai skills have improved.

I hope people won't recognise me, especially since the director kept asking us to act crazily, and we have absolutely no idea how the video looks. It's just one of the many scenes in a short video so don't expect too much okay XD 

The make up artist was a nice lady who was there to do make up for the models, including us but we usually do our own so we didn't need her help. Towards the end, she helped to tidy up our frizzy wigs and while working on mine, she complimented me on my make up *______* I was so happy guys :))) Sure she only saw one eye and it's pretty generic make up but I was so happy. From knowing nothing about skin care, to sticking false eye lashes and drawing fake creases. :') There's so much more to learn and improve on (Y) I've never been happy with my contouring.

The shoot itself was..... alright. It was ok.... We were just a little uptight I guess and the director wanted us to be more high and act crazily. I tried to comply and honestly have no idea how it all turned out since we weren't shown any of the video footage. Yea.. so the only not so ideal part was that I have not the slightest idea how the end product will be like, or how our performance was. The director, videographer and the crew all treated us civilly. Director san even came out and thanked us after our scene was finished. It ended at 11.30am on the dot which was the stated end time. I guess it's good that ours was the first scene to be shot, since the filming would probably drag as time passes. 

It's ironic that we don't have a proper group photo despite taking selfies for almost an hour. They were all taken using a crew's phone OTL

So yea, my 4th shoot this semester. I should never have said that I wouldn't have any shoots until after graduation XD

No comments:

Post a Comment