Thursday 15 May 2014

Fabric painting wheee~

I've been sick this week, especially yesterday and today, hao nan shou...

But feel better already, maybe it's the med I took in the afternoon or the liang cha. Went back to lab on monday to sort out all my samples and pass them to the lab ppl and I've been rushing costumes the rest of the time, and anime too ahaha

Went to the tailor auntie's house and to art friend with him on tuesday, the silly guy apparently doesn't think he can ask me out if it's not for dinner or a meal -__- i know he's trying to fatten me up but aish. I felt so despo okay, saying that I don't mind following him to another friend's house to collect props and then to auntie's place since I also have cloth to pass to auntie. Hope he doesn't think i'm an overly attached person LOL He suggested having dinner after that but I didn't dare to eat outside food so I had to say no -cries- we didn't even sit down to chat over a drink or dessert because I couldn't eat any outside food T____T Suddenly thankful for long mrt rides. He's as sweet as ever.

I took on the task of painting on the crazy designs on his coat for the event our group's attending this sunday because he's tanking the props for another member. Was still nuaing after I got home until I realised that the event is this coming sunday OMG broke out in cold sweat

I'm proud of my work though :)) But I have to admit I was cursing while painting the rose and white swirly designs. The rest were still okay.. kinda.. Haha I initially wanted to use white to draw out everything and paint the red on so it'll be more vibrant but that was too much work so I painted the red on directly.

The shoulder part was the first place I started and I was trying too hard to make the lines thin and clean, when I should have made sure the lines were pigmented and nicely swirled. Lesson learnt.

Bottom part was supposed to be black with red swirls but the auntie made it red because they thought that it'd be easier to paint black on red rather than the other way round. Big mistake.. Because I had to paint the negative area which is not easy for someone as unartistic as me. You guys get what I mean?? Haha it's like drawing the background instead of the subject itself. I took much liberties and simplified the design a lot, there wasn't enough space anyways XD

This rose.. the rose was okay. The white swirly designs urgh. Why must they be symmetrical why?! I thought it'd be easier to paint on the rose which is the main subject before filling in the white parts in the background. I still stand by my opinion.. though painting the white parts and trying to make sure they match on both sides was really killing me because the asymmetrical rose was in the way. Again, I took liberties with the swirly design because my final rose proportion differed from the reference picture. I didn't have space to add in 60% of the original details, fortunately XD

Mum: 这件衣服这么大!不是你的啦!
Me: 当然啦,我的已经好了
Mum: 是那个XX的啊?
-omg she remembers his name so clearly, has she been stalking him on fb omg- 
Me: 是星期天一个组员的!我帮他!

I wonder if she'll notice who eventually wears it. I think she will.

Totally felt like crap while painting these on tuesday and wednesday because I was sick but not a bad job! My own stuff.. maaaahh more or less done. I just need to stick things together and do a little more painting and I'll be good to go (easier said than done OTL)

Despite me being so sick, mum didn't say a straight out no to attending the event when I dropped the bomb on her just now, that's a good sign!!!! She also didn't tell me to not go for the lab farewell dinner tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment