Tuesday 27 May 2014

A confession

Met with the YYYs on thursday night!! Yufei and I had korean spicy pork and oh.my.god. I couldn't finish my rice because the gravy was so spicy. Then we went for dessert at the usual place but taken over by a new store which didn't offer my usual strawberry sago thingy. I ordered papaya sago coconut thingy and it wasnt really nice :( getting other stuff next time. Time to retire some super old jokes and make new ones guys hahaha we also spoke about body image which really struck a chord with me.... 很多感触但当时说不出来

And oh yea I am finally able to paint my nails now that the shoots are over for the month. I trimmed my nails and made them short to get the cute effect hehe faceshop purple glitter polish with larger glitter from another bottle I got in school.

The shoot was an afternoon and night shoot-- Went through so many cycles of perspiring and cooling down. I still think that good lighting is the best thing a cosplayer can ask for; the day shots were gorgeous. Night shots were pretty as well but not as stunning XD

I was looking forward to shooting with both the photographers because I've only worked very briefly with them during the CCS bubbles period. One of them makes the cosers look like super models ahahaha

As usual mum was complaining about how slow I was on sunday because the family was waiting for me to get ready before heading to bugis for lunch. I was much faster with the make up and packing this time but stuffing my boobs took so long and I wasn't even happy with the end result because I couldn't get a photo obvious cleavage. Had better results during my 'trial run' :( I'll be honest here and admit some stuff... This will also be the last time I take on a major character with in-your-face boobs. 

I was more than a little stressed after last sunday when some people asked (kindly) where the signature cleavage was... Was crying inside because I had hoped that people would not take note of my chest. I guess my weapon wasn't impressive enough the draw the attention away sigh. 

When the team was formed last year, Yang was my obvious choice because my favourite colour is yellow, and she had a manageable weapon by my standards. I had totally neglected her boobs and did not identify them as a notable trait of the character. I mean I had cosed a Fairy Tail character before and the chest size was out of the world but she was a minor character whom no one pays much attention to. For Yang this time, there were more people around me who were interested in the series and the character herself -- with that comes expectations. I even had friends who offered to help me enhance my assets, for which I'm really thankful but it stressed me out as well X__X 

Aish.... okay I don't want to say too much here as well but long story short.. Body parts I don't mind showing for cosplay: Legs, stomach, arms. Parts I will never want to show too much of even in daily life: Chest

Anyways back to the shoot!! As usual I was the first girl to be ready and I had so much time so I added some pink eye shadow to the outer lower lashes. It looked lovely *__* I will definitely try it again. May not show in the photos because I didn't touch up at all and my eyebags might have overpowered the colour but from what I first saw from the mirror, the pink was very sweet XD

Sometimes I admire characters with masks XD he was teaching a friend trigo the whole time while the rest of us girls were rushing our make up (except for me cos I was done early). We don't stick together much during events and shoots and I think only 3 or 4 common friends know that we're dating. So it totally surprised me when Li asked on our way home if he and I were together. She also tried to verify something about another friend haha Li is so perceptive it scare me because both her speculations are correct.

Unbelievably perceptive friend aside, the photos are so so so gorgeous, every single one of us. I shouldn't post any photos so soon but hehe not many people visit this blog so it should be okay
By JP on the left: Blooper shot because someone else who was supposed to look serious cracked a smile. By Xe on the right: One of my favourite shots of the day, I've always envisioned this pose for Yang ^__^ it's like she's saying "bring it on!!" Only took one try to get it right whee

Kai also helped me buy this glitter thingy. I've been using hers since last week and I love love love it. The particles shine so beautifully. I'm mesmerised and always apply too much ahahaa the only draw back is that it tends to peel off unpleasantly after some time. 

Going to malaysia on thursday! Will eat lots of ba zhang and good food and pray that the fats go straight to my legs and chest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment