Thursday 14 June 2007

Hi leng lui~

This seems to be a popular pick up line in online games. Yes, i have successfully abstained from maple since last year, quite an achievement i guess. But now when i look back, this phrase 'hi leng lui' just keeps popping up. Ah.. mmorpgs are really addictive, they appeal to people of all ages. Example, when i 1st introduced my cousins in malaysia to maplestory, my target audiences were the 'young' ones. Never did i expect my uncle, a charming and busy 'young' businessman to get hooked. (Sorry ppl, he's taken. Happily married to my aunt with 2, now maple-crazy, kids) The last time i checked, he was training a level 131 ice and lighting mage in D world. And that was half a year ago. There's a pretty high chance that the character is already lvl 200. My poor spider9 is still at lvl 53 T__T Account suspended

Back to topic, I used to wonder what those people who go 'hi leng lui' were thinking. Do they know that it sets off an alarm bell in my head? *Pervert alert* Call me paranoid but i have my reasons. And for those who don't understand canto, they will just be thinking 'Gee! What a horrible typo, it looks out of the world' or 'This poor guy cant speak english, he's on the wrong server.' The more flirty ones will reply 'hello handsome' and i have no idea what happens next since i tend to change channel during such encounters.

Trust me, this happens alot in maplestory, or in any online rpg games (at least during 'my time'). Ask any girl. Perhaps, i would have responded more willingly if the pick-up lines were more interesting rather than 'hello lenglui/pretty/beautiful' and please 'Have i seen you somewhere before?' doesn't apply here.

'You make Paris Hilton look like a teletubbie.' LOL

Me and fausty. I kind of miss the old times when we trained together =(

No comments:

Post a Comment